Long Car Rides with a Baby = Endless Paranoia

If you're a parent, you know how this one goes: You put your little one in his or her car seat, start the car, and take off. Baby nods off, dozing quietly, and then the head tilts. Drastically. The flood of thoughts and emotions mix. There's the, "Aw, isn't he adorable?" to the "How can she be comfortable like that?" and "Will she be sore later?" Then there's me.

My son, Gabe, and I drove from Colorado back to the east coast. On the first day, he fell asleep the second I started the car. And he stayed asleep. For hours. Most of that time, his head was at a very sharp angle and after a couple hours of not moving an inch, I started to get worried. I mean, like bad worried. Like, I was speeding ridiculously fast to get to the next stretch of civilization so I could pull over safely to check on him bad worried.

To illustrate the rest of the story, I bring you my first ever rage comic.

while driving, baby is asleep, momma is freaking out that he might be dead, baby wakes up and she knows he's fine, baby falls back to sleep and momma starts worrying all over again
His head was at such a sharp angle for so long, I convinced myself that he manged to restrict airflow to his lungs. I was a complete wreck! He was happy as could be, probably dreaming about boobs. Go figure.


Just as Gabe isn't the only baby to sleep with his head at an awkward angle, I know I'm not the only parent to have this moment. How did it go for you? Were you as paranoid as I was? How did you handle it? Let us know below!


Like this post? Follow Bewitching Momma on Bloglovin' to stay up-to-date on new posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn! Please leave your comments here. (Note: All comments are moderated to prevent spam and will be approved as quickly as I can manage.)

Pages