Seriously, Yahoo? WTF!

A couple months back, Yahoo Mail went and made another stupid change. Usually I adapt and get over them, but having all my emails separated by annoying bars telling me which ones are from today, yesterday, a couple days ago, last week, etc. makes me rage quit and ignore my inbox entirely.

Apparently, other Yahoo users agree. Search for "how to get rid of yahoo mail date bars" and you'll find tons of results from or about angry users. You'll find complaints on Reddit, across Yahoo! Answers (like this one), and there's even a Facebook group of complaints including this outrage over forced segregation of emails.

My message to Yahoo: If our inbox is cluttered with old emails, that's what folders are for. Don't assume you know how we think!

My fix is just switch to Basic view in the Settings menu, but the Basic view is terrible, seriously out-dated, and makes modern correspondence difficult at times. So, even though it makes Yahoo Mail bearable, I constantly have to "Switch to the newest Yahoo Mail" to do simple things and then back to Basic again.

This new feature - with no way to shut it off - is boggling to me. Even more-so when you consider the Android app version is just like the new Yahoo mail, only without the date separations. It's like they're saying, "Hi, we're the new Yahoo. If you aren't mobile, we hate you. Here's some stuff you don't want, never asked for, and we will defend to the death because we're better than you. Have a nice day!"

Now, there's apparently a fix using AdBlock Plus, but in all honesty, I think it's time to just ditch Yahoo. They don't care about their users, so why should we give a rat's ass about them? (Granted, I'm the same woman who stopped using Facebook for worse reasons, and most people are annoyed with me about it instead of the other way around. Apparently, the worse a company treats us, the stronger our loyalty should be? Hmmm....)

What's your take on the newest Yahoo Mail? Feel free to rant about it below!


Like this post? Follow Bewitching Momma on Bloglovin' to stay up-to-date on new posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your turn! Please leave your comments here. (Note: All comments are moderated to prevent spam and will be approved as quickly as I can manage.)

Pages